Friday 4 April 2014

Excerpts From My Diary #2 - I Wish We Could Be Friends

“We can be friends, right? If not anything else.” Garima spoke in a sad tone. She seriously wanted to get into the life of this writer friend of mine.

“I am afraid I cannot be friends with anyone anymore, Garima.” He replied with a sad smile as he remembered someone.

“But why can’t you? Friendship is much easier than anything else.” Garima answered in an irritating tone.

He turned, looked deep into her eyes and spoke, “Whoever says Friendship is easy has obviously never had a true friend.”

Remembering of his best friend, a spark lights up his eyes and he continues, “She was a great friend and I believe we experienced one of the greatest friendships anyone would have ever experienced.
Now, when I look back at what friendship means, it means her. And I know, I cannot be the same as before, as I was with her and neither can anyone know me like she did. That feeling was way beyond words.”

He lit up his Marlboro and was getting up to leave when Garima asked a question in her kiddish tone which warmed up his heart, “What if she would have still been here?”

He smiled as tears filled up his eyes, “You know I have started to find a certain level of happiness in knowing that I am sad. I am just contented that I still fill something, Garima. And this feeling scares me, haunts my heart, my mind and robs me off my peace. If she would have been here, this feeling would not have been here.”

And he walked away, leaving Garima wondering about the intensity, truthfulness and that feeling of the friendship he was talking about.

She fell in love with him, again.


***

No comments:

Post a Comment